February 24, 2021
Leveraging Orientation Tech to Innovate Beyond Expectations
February 24 | 1:00 PM EST | A Virtual Event
in cooperation with ACPA
At Georgia State University, new student orientation had two needs: to enhance the in-person program across six campuses to support enrollment and simultaneously provide an experience that combined in-person and virtual elements.
To move orientation content to a digital environment, improve accessibility, and better serve exceedingly diverse audiences, Georgia State University created a comprehensive strategy to provide onboarding support from admission to orientation and ultimately enrollment. Powered by Advantage Design Group®, the new orientation platform enables a seamless and personalized onboarding experience for all members of the Panther Family. As a result, Georgia State experienced decreased orientation melt and no-show rates.
Contrary to some enrollment trends, in one season Georgia State
- Welcomed over 25K new students, families, and staff through online orientation
- Decreased No-Show Rates by over 10% during a global pandemic
- Enrolled the largest freshman class in University history
Attend this webinar to learn from Benjamin Williams, Assistant Director, and Destiny Hand, Coordinator of New Student Orientation. The presentation will include a discussion, platform tour, and answers to chat questions.
You’ll gain a greater understanding of how Georgia State’s online orientation is
- Presenting interactive, video-rich, and modular content within a Branded interface
- Providing unique experiences for 11 distinct groups of students, families, and staff
- Automatically communicating with student information systems to provide an SSO experience, serve customized content to each group, and automatically release registration holds
- Empowering staff with unlimited training to control content and make changes on demand